Saturday 8 September 2012

I have been frantically making cards for the craft show I am doing in Southport on the 15th of September.  My husband has been brilliant and changed the utility room into a craft room for me and when I haven't been at work I have spent most of my time in there.  It's like a time warp.  I always lose track of time in there and I love that all my craft bits are to hand, it is so much nicer making things when I know where everything is and it isn't cluttering up my work surface.  It is only a small room but it is perfect for me.  I will have to put up a photo to show you.  

Since I have had my room I have been able to make plenty of different cards.  I have really enjoyed using the perfect pearls and here is an example of it used on a gift tag. I stamped the background flowers with distress ink and then brushed the perfect pearls over the top. I love the sheen it gives the tag it really catches the light.
 I have also been using a lot of alcohol inks.  I really love these as they dry so quickly and create some great effects.  I used it on this tag for the background and then just stamped with archival ink over the top.  I made sure to include some copper alcohol ink as I love the shine the metallics give.
This is another example of the alcohol inks.  These were just put onto card and then I cut our a heart shape.  A really simple and fun card to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment